Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring is come!

The spring is offically here, which comes as a strange period for a dedicated fly fisherman: it no longer feels right to target grayling, who probably would still take a fly but should be definitely getting ready for something very important (wink wink). On the other hand the trout season does not open for some two weeks or so.

I resolved the dilemma by going outside and unleashing my inner photo-maniac.


The resulting photos are a cliché of sort, but the buzz of honey bees among blooming plum trees was a music to my ears after the winter (mild as it was).


4 comments:

  1. Nice pics Jindra... a strange time of year indeed. Mercurial and frustrating. The trout season here started on 3rd March, but the fish still have winter on their breath. Soon be time for them to wake up and play properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave,

      the fishing may be somewhat poor these days, but it surely feels great to be out on a bright March day :)

      Cheers

      J.

      Delete
  2. The end of March and winter still has a strangle-hold on the province here in Alberta. I am jealous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of my senior high school year, which I spent in the early nineties in Belt (close to Great Falls) Montana. Wonderful place to be in the summertime, but the harshest winter of my life. And still waaay south of Alberta!
      Take care and keep your morale up, spring eventually comes to places like Calgary or even Edmonton!
      Cheers!
      J.

      Delete